This document describes how we collect, use, and treat your information that we collect while you use our services.
In this Privacy Statement, your information and data is collectively referred to as „user information”. And we use the term „process” to mean any operation or set of operations performed on user information, whether by automated means or otherwise, including, without limitation, handling, collecting, storing, recording, organizing, structuring, adapting, altering, retrieving, consulting, using, disclosing, disseminating (or otherwise making available), combining, erasing, or destroying.
What User Information Do We Collect?
While you are using our services, we collect general data about you, including, without limitation, your name, your email address, your IP address, your useragent, cookie information that we may have previously given to you, your language, your browser information, information about your usage of our services (e.g., time and date), and the content that you seek to download. We may also use your IP address to determine your general geographic location and store that information.
We will also collect any other information and data that you willingly provide to us when contacting us in any form of communication for any reason or which you enter into forms on our website or that we provide to you.
User information may be collected directly from you or through one of our affiliates that use our services for their own products or services which you use directly.
Why Do We Collect User Information and How Do We Use It?
We collect user information for a wide range of reasons, including, without limitation, as follows:
- To provide you the services available on and through our services.
- To collect information about the quality of traffic on our services for analysis, internal business, and security purposes.
- To check for and protect against fraud, bots, or any other type of inorganic traffic for the benefit of users, affiliates, advertisers, and other parties.
- To comply with legal obligations to which we may be subject (e.g., court orders, subpoenas, warrants, etc.).
- For our legitimate interests or those of third parties in compliance with applicable law. A legitimate interest includes, without limitation, when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. Examples of such purposes include, but are not limited to: (i) initiating legal claims and preparing for litigation and other dispute resolution proceedings and procedures, (ii) measures to manage business and for further developing products and services, (iii) to promote safety, security, and operation of our services, including by investigating suspicious or fraudulent activities or violations of rules, laws, or procedures, and (iv) providing you the services available on and through our services.
- Other compatible purposes for which the user information was collected.
Please note that certain user information may be used for multiple purposes and more than one reason for processing personal data may apply in each situation.
You are not subject to decisions based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that produces legal effects concerning you. However, automated processes are used to review traffic through our system to detect and block spam, fraud, and other unlawful or undesirable activities.
Where Is User Information Stored and Who Receives It?
User information is stored on servers managed and operated by us, but which may be owned by third-parties (e.g., Amazon Web Services). We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to protect user information from unauthorized access, use, ordisclosure. For instance, we store user information on servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities.
We do not sell user information. However, we may change this policy from time to time at our sole discretion subject to applicable law.
We may disclose user information to third parties when required to do so by law or in the event that we must initiate or otherwise engage in litigation or other dispute resolution proceedings and procedures.
How Long Do We Keep User Information?
We may keep User Information indefinitely, although at the present time we have no specific policy with respect to User Information retention.
What Are Your Rights?
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have the following rights in terms of your user information that can be used to personally identify you:
- The right to access. You may have the right to receive a copy of your personal data.
- The right to rectification. You may have the right to rectify any inaccurate personal data and to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
- The right to erasure. In some circumstances, you may have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay.
- The right to object to or restrict processing. Under some circumstances, you may have the right to object to the processing of your personal data or request restricting the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability. You may have the request to receive a copy of your personal data in a format that can be transmitted to other organizations.
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority. You may have the right to complain to your relevant supervisory authority.
- The right to withdraw consent. You may have the right to withdraw consents that you have given to us regarding the processing of your personal data.
Note, however, that many of the above rights may be limited given that we collect minimal personal data about you, which may make it difficult or impossible to determine what data is actually yours. Furthermore, because of the foregoing, if you continue to use our services after exercising any of the foregoing rights you will be providing further data to us once again.
If you would like to contact us regarding this privacy statement and the matters set forth herein, you can reach us as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org